Saturday, October 24, 2009

One more book finished

About an hour ago I abandoned Dream Guy by Candy Halliday. I'll probably go back to it later, but I had to stop. It wasn't appearling to me much.

After stopping Dream Guy, I started reading Behind Closed Doors. I have no idea how to spell the author, so I won't even try. It's not a Harlequin but a Loveswept novel. I remember in my younger days I used to really enjoy Loveswept. However, I eventually made the switch to Harlequins. I still like to go back and forth though. Keeps things from getting staid.

Anyway, so I finished Behind Closed Doors. It's more or less a book about a woman who's (tada!) in love with her sister's husband. The sister passes on because of some illness, but not before the heroine is roped into being a surrogate mother. The baby is apparently the heroine and hero's.

I keep using the word predictable when writing about the books I've read, but it's the only word that comes to mind. I have to admit I saw what was coming before it happened. Sometimes doing that is a b*tch, but at least I'm not surprised at the end.

But going back to predictable... I don't think that has a whole lot to do with the authors and their writing style, but my choice of books. Perhaps I just gravitate to books with predictable plots. Despite that, they're always enjoyable. This title was no different. It was a very pleasant and entertaining read. No struggling like with Dream Guy.

I'm not sure what I'm going to choose next, but I'll just dive in like I've been doing. I don't feel like going back to Dream Guy, so I'll check out my other options. Maybe now is the time to get some of my school readings out of the way?

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Looks like you've gotten quite some reading done. enjoy the rest of the readathon!

CeeCee said...

Sometimes knowing what's going to happen puts you to sleep. Hope you find better books. Enjoy your reading!