Saturday, October 24, 2009

And yet another book

All right, one more book started. I seem to be jumping back and froth from contemporary to historical and back again. This time I started reading Bittersweet Promises. I can't remember off-hand who the author is, but when I finish the book I'll take a look at it just so I can get it down.

I'm not that deep into the book yet. BookCourier has me at 13% of the way through the book. I'm not exactly sure how many pages this novel is, but I'm guessing at least 300. I also can't quite remember what the synopsis said about it, but so far it would seem that the heroine is on the run and has had a near-escape when she and her little brother were caught in the middle of a bank robbery.

I was just taking a quick peek at the Dewey official page, and saw a list of questions. One of them said, "Are you tired yet?"

Why, yes, I am, thanks for asking! Lol. However, I feel strangely awake. As long as I don't cave in to the temptation of laying down to read. It'll be all over if I do that, so I'm walking around with my BookCourier, trying to keep active. I just came back from walking my dog and was reading the beginning to Bittersweet Promises.

Another question I saw was about interruptions. This was an amusing question. Fortunately, I haven't had too many of those. I think it also helps that my eyes and hands aren't engaged with a physical book. I've also got my parent understanding about what I'm doing, and she's been kind enough to not talk too much.

I still have several hours to go, so I'm already trying to mentally think about what I want to read next. I have a Julia Quinn romance that I'm tempted to read, but I don't want to burn myself out on historicals. I do have a few fantasy novels I've been meaning to read, so that's also an option.

Well, that's the latest update. Oh and hey, I just noticed that people are commenting on my posts. While I'm sure I'm not that entertaining, I appreciate people actually coming over here and looking.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

You are definitely entertaining! And I am so with you on not laying down to read! I've seen a few people post pics of them in bed with a book. If I go to bed, I'm sleeping! So I'm trying to stay upright while reading as the hours flow forward. Happy Reading!