Saturday, October 24, 2009

First 100 pages

I'm about 100 pages in Joan Johnston's Outlaw's Bride. It's been a little over an hour and I feel like I'm doing good. I'm still feeling a bit run-down, but nothing I can't handle. I just hope I'm not catching a cold.

As for the book, so far it's been enjoyable. Our heroine comes to find the man who promised her at the age of twelve to marry her. However, it's going to be tough as the hero has an old enemy set on revenge. Both of them have to prove the hero's innocence before they can reach happily-ever-after.

At the moment, our hero has begrudgingly promised to marry the heroine only if they find clues to clear his name from an old rape charge. We'll see how the rest goes as the book plods along.

1 comment:

Eva said...

Welcome to the read-a-thon! Enjoy these first few hours-they'll fly by! I'm sure you'll do great. :D

I'm glad you're enjoying your first book so far!