Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hanging in there!

First, thanks Trisha for saying I'm entertaining. Lol. For some reason that means a lot to me.

I have to say, I haven't really used my blog that much, as I can't imagine that people want to read my ramblings about books or my boring life.

Anyway, with that being said... Another update. I'm 35% of the way through Bittersweet Promises. It would seem the heroine lost the money she was traveling with and is engaged as the hero's daughter's teacher. Helped along by a well-meaning aunt, of course.

The writing is pretty smooth so far. I don't feel rushed or bored. Oh, and apparently the author is someone I've never heard of... Trana Mae Simmons. Another author I've never heard of, but not displeasing...so far.

As for myself, it's now hit late evening and I'm feeling the burn. The need for sleep is overwhelming, but after coming this far, I would hate myself to give up now! At this point I'm thinking I'll probably get through Bittersweet Promises and another book before time is up.

I also popped into the Dewey website to peek at some of the mmini challenges going on. While I didn't participate in any of them, I noticed the one that had a music theme. It really got me thinking about the new Carrie Underwood song. So, I thought I would post the Youtube link. I'm a big fan of the song. And it seems to fit the books I'm reading. Two fo the three historicals I've read have been westerns. Even one contemporary novel involved ranches and cowboys. I felt this song fit the mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu32vyCldh8

On a slightly different note, I'm shaking my head in amusement. I have headphones connected to my BookCourier in one ear and my other ear partially tuned to the radio. My university's football team is getting slaughtered. I haven't listened to the game at all as I've been doggedly reading. However, I did take moments when updating the blog to check the score. Good thing I knew we were going to lose this game anyway! Lol.

2 comments:

ccqdesigns said...

Now that it's WAY past midnight and our eyes are drooping lower, it's time for us night owls to get our second wind! So here is a big HOOT from Alabama. Keep on Reading!!!! Just a few more hours to go!!!!

Go Reading,Go Reading,Go Reading!!!
Rebecca
the Transcendentalists team!

Lenore Appelhans said...

Keep up the good reading!