Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's cleaning day!

Today was an incredibly busy day for some reason. I moved out my old computer table from my room so that my little bro could have it. All I can say to that is it's about damn time. I've been wanting to get that thing out of here for months. Years, maybe.
The problem? I have too many freaking books! As my friend recently pointed out to me, you never know just how much CRAP (not stuff) you have until you have to move or clean. I have to say I quite agree.
I asked myself, what is this thing for? It's a little piece of plastic? Toss it! Then I picked up a deck of cards that didn't have all it's cards. Now, mother always said save stuff like that. One never knows when another deck will come up missing cards. Then you can just steal from the other. But truly, who the heck wants to keep this junk until that day comes? (No offense, mom!)
Finally, after multiple trips to the garbage bin, stacking boxes and finally dirt-sucking with the dust buster, the room became decent. Still crap on the floor, but hey, at least I can actually SEE the floor!
Despite all the struggles, I have to say that a clean environment appears to be a positive one. One of the reasons why I suppose I embarked on so much cleaning was to get this room into shape. I've been wanting to sit down and start doing some creative writing again. But who can concentrate and think up brilliant ideas with a room that just oozes negative energy?
Well, let's see if this helps. I swear I already feel a change in this room. I never believed much in fung shua, but I have to say there seems to be some merit to it.
Anyway, that's all I've got to say. I'm off to walk my dog, take a shower and catch some Zs!
Natalie
P.S. If by some miracle there are people actually reading my blog, please help me out by going to writing.com and checking out some of my creative fiction.
http://Writing.Com/authors/althena

No comments: